الخميس، 30 يناير 2014

The prisoner of Zenda - Chapter 4 - Translated مترجم

The prisoner of Zenda
Chapter 4 - Translated مترجم 

It had not been easy to escape from Strelsau and return to the hunting lodge without anyone seeing us, so when Sapt suggested that I return to the capital and continue pretending to be the King, I let him know exactly what I thought.

لم يكن من السهل الهروب من سترلسو والعودة إلى كوخ الصيد دون أن يرانا أحد ، لذلك عندما اقترح سابت أن أعود إلى العاصمة واستمر في التظاهر بأننى الملك ، جعلته يعرف بالضبط ما أفكر فيه

"You're mad!" I said to Sapt. "The plan's too dangerous!" Walking up to me, Sapt put his hand on my shoulder and then looked deep into my eyes. "Listen, if you're a man, you can save the King. Go back and pretend to be him." "But the Duke knows where the real King is, and all his men know!" I protested. "Yes, but they can't say anything," said Sapt. "Listen! We've got them! They can't say anything without showing their guilt. They cannot say, 'This isn't the real King because we've kidnapped him and killed his servant.' Will they say that?"

 فقلت لسابت "أنت مجنون!". "الخطة خطيرة جدا!"  متقدما نحوى وضع سابت يده على كتفي ثم نظر بعمق في عيناي وقال لي" اسمع , لو أنت رجلا فإنه بإمكانك إنقاذ الملك " "عد وتظاهر بأنك هو" قلت له محتجا "لكن الدوق يعلم أين الملك الحقيقى وكل رجاله يعلمون!"
وقال سابت " نعم , ولكنهم لا يستطيعوا أن يقولوا أى شئ , أنصت إلى , لقد عرفنا خطتهم ! إنهم لا يستطيعون قول أي شيء دون أن يظهروا خطأهم , فهم لا يمكن أن يقولوا "هذا ليس الملك الحقيقي لأننا خطفناه وقتلنا خادمه ". هل ممكن أن يقولوا ذلك؟ "
 I realised that Sapt was right. Even if Michael knew who I was, he could not say he knew, but I still had doubts. "Sapt, surely someone in Strelsau will realise I'm not the real King," I said. "The Princess has already said she thinks the King's changed. She'll certainly realise." "Of course it's a risk, but we must have a King in Strelsau, or the city will belong to Michael within twenty-four hours. You must do it, for Ruritania!"

 أدركت أن سابت كان محقا. حتى لو علم الدوق مايكل من أكون ، فانه لن يستطيع أن يقول أنه يعرف ، لكن كان لا يزال لدي شكوك . " سابت , بالتأكيد شخصا ما في سترلسو سوف يدرك أنني لست الملك الحقيقي ،" قلت متابعا " إن الأميرة قالت بالفعل أنها تعتقد أن الملك قد تغير. وسوف تدرك هذا بالتأكيد ." فقال لي "بالطبع إنها مخاطرة ، ولكننا يجب أن يكون لدينا ملك في سترلسو، وإلا فإن المدينة ستصبح فى حوذة الدوق مايكل في غضون أربع وعشرين ساعة . لذا يجب عليك أن تفعل ذلك من اجل روريتانيا !

"What if the King's already dead?" "If the real King's already dead, then you shall stay King! But I think the King's still alive, and I don't think they'll do anything to him if you're in the capital. They'd know that you would stay King if they killed him!"
    It was a mad plan, even madder than the first plan, which had been a success, but as I listened to Sapt, I saw that it could work. "I still worry that someone will realise," I said again. "Anything is possible, but come, Rassendyll! Let's go to Strelsau. We'll be caught if we stay here." "All right, Sapt, I'll try," I said. "Good man!" said Sapt. "I'll go and get the horses."

فقلت له "ماذا لو أن الملك قد مات بالفعل؟ " فقال لي "إذا كان الملك الحقيقي قد مات بالفعل، إذن سوف تبقى الملك ! ولكنني أعتقد أن الملك ما زال حيا ، وأنا لا أعتقد أنهم سوف يفعلون أي شيء له مادمت أنت في العاصمة، فهم يعلمون انك ستظل الملك إذا قتلوه ! "
لقد كانت خطة جنونية ، وحتى أكثر حمقا من الخطة الأولى ، والتي حققت نجاحا , ولكن بينما أنصت إلى سابت ، رأيت أنها من الممكن أن تنجح . فقلت له مرة أخرى " أنا لا زلت قلقا أن شخصا ما سوف يدرك ،". فقال لي"كل شيء ممكن ، ولكن هيا بنا ياراسندل , دعنا نذهب إلي سترلسو ،!. سوف يتم القبض علينا إذا بقينا هنا." فقلت له "حسنا، يا سابت، سأحاول،". فقال لي " رجل صالح !" "سأذهب واحضرالخيول."

But seconds later, he came back. "Look out of the window."
Through the window, I could see in the moonlight a big group of men coming down the road from Zenda: four were on horses, another four or five were walking. I knew they must be Michael's men, and they seemed to be carrying spades, coming to the house to hide their evil work. I remembered poor Josef's body and said, "Sapt, we should make sure that some of those evil men join Josef." "Very well," said Sapt. "As a soldier, I've had a lot of fights like this. I'll show you what to do."

ولكن بعد ثوان عاد وقال لي . " انظرا من النافذة." ومن خلال النافذة إستطعت أن أرى في ضوء القمر مجموعة كبيرة من الرجال قادمة على الطريق من زندا : أربعة منهم كانوا على الخيول ، وأربعة أو خمسة آخرون كانوا سائرين . عرفت أنهم من المؤكد رجال الدوق مايكل، ويبدو أنهم كانوا يحملون جواريف للحفر، متجهون إلى المنزل لإخفاء معالم جريمتهم.
تذكرت جثمان جوزيف المسكين ، وقلت " سابت , علينا التأكد من أن بعض هؤلاء الرجال الأشرار اشترك في قتل جوزيف". فقال لي"حسنا جدا , وأنا كجندى ،تعرضت لكثير من مثل هذه المنازعات ، سوف أريك ما يجب القيام به."

We went out of a back door and climbed onto our horses with our swords ready. We could hear the men arrive at the front of the hunting lodge, and one called out,
 "Go and get the body."
   "Now!" cried Sapt, and we drove our horses fast to the front of the building. The men looked shocked to see us and were not prepared. I easily knocked one man off his horse, then hit another big man with my sword as he moved towards me. But there were only two of us and within seconds I realised there were people all around me. 

 خرجنا من الباب الخلفي وركبنا خيولنا وسيوفنا جاهزة. وسمعنا صوت الرجال عندما وصلوا إلى مقدمة كوخ الصيد فنادي احدهم قائلا "اذهبوا واحضروا الجثة."
 "الآن" صاح سابت , وانطلقنا بخيولنا سريعا . وبدت الصدمة على الرجال لرؤيتنا وهم غير مستعدين . اسقط احدهم بسهولة من على جواده وضربت رجلا ضخما آخر بسيفي عندما اتجه نحوي،. لكننا كنا اثنين فقط وفي غضون ثوان أدركت رجالا أحاطوني.

Just as I was about to be trapped, I saw a gap between the men and saw my chance to escape. I turned my horse and quickly rode through the gap towards the forest. My horse was fast but as I left, I heard a gun and I was almost shot. I could see Sapt on his horse ahead of me, and went as quickly as I could towards him, waving. Then I heard another shot and felt a terrible pain in my finger. Someone shot again, but now we were too far away for them to hit us. At last I caught up with Sapt, who was breathless but laughing.
  "Well done!" he said. "That was very brave. Do you think: they saw who you were?"

 وفى اللحظة التى كنت فيها على وشك أن أعتقل , رأيت فجوة بينهم وكانت فرصتى للهرب نحو الغابة. وكان حصاني سريع ولكن عندما غادرت، سمعت طلق ناري كاد أن يصيبني. كنت أرى العقيد سابت على حصانه أمامي، وذهبت بأسرع ما يمكن نحوه ملوحا بيدي. ثم سمعت طلقة أخرى وشعرت بألم فظيع في إصبعي. وأطلق احدهم النار للمرة الثالثة، ولكننا الآن كنا بعيدا جدا. أخيرا التحقت بالعقيد سابت، الذي كان يضحك وهو يلتقط أنفاثة.
فقال لي"أحسنت صنعا! " وأضاف متسائلا " هل تعتقد: أنهم تعرفوا عليك؟"

"Yes, one of the men said 'It's the King' before I pushed him off his horse."
"Good!" said Sapt. "That will give Michael something to worry about."
After a time, we stopped so that Sapt could put a bandage on my finger, which now hurt badly. We moved on in silence, as quickly as our poor horses were able to, until we arrived at a farm just as the sun was rising on a cold, clear day. I covered my face, saying to the farmer that I had a bad tooth before we asked for food.

 فقلت له "نعم لقد تعرفوا علي فقد سمعت احدهم يقول:"انه الملك" وذلك قبل أن أسقطه من على جواده"
فقال "حسنا!". "هذا سيجعل مايكل قلقا." وبعد مرور بعض الوقت، توقفنا لكي يضمد سابت إصبعي الذي كان يؤلمني بشدة. وسرنا في صمت، سريعا بقدر طاقة خيولنا المنهكة من شدة التعب، حتى وصلنا إلى مزرعة مع شروق الشمس. غطيت وجهي، وقلت للمزارع أن أسناني تؤلمني قبل أن نطلب الطعام

The farmer was kind and let us rest, but we knew we could not wait for long and soon headed off. Some hours later, we saw the buildings of Strelsau ahead of us. It was about nine o'clock and at this time of day, the city gates were open, so we went back through the gate that we had left from. The streets of the city were very quiet, as most of the people were resting after the celebrations, and we saw almost no one until we were back at the palace. Here, one of Sapt's servants was waiting for us.
 
كان المزارع طيبا وتركنا نستريح، ولكننا كنا نعلم أننا لا يمكن أن تنتظر لفترة طويلة وسرعان مانطلقنا . وبعد عدة ساعات ، رأينا مباني سترلسو أمامنا . كانت الساعة حوالي التاسعة صباحا، وفى هذا الوقت من النهار, كانت أبواب المدينة مفتوحة ، ولذلك عدنا من خلال البوابة التي كنا قد غادرنا منها. كانت شوارع المدينة هادئة جدا لأن معظم الناس كانوا يستريحون بعد الاحتفالات ، وتقريبا لم نر أحدا حتى عدنا إلى القصر. و هنا كان احد رجال سابت في انتظارنا.

"Is all well, sir?" he asked. "Yes, Freyler, all is well," answered Sapt. "But the King's hurt?" he said, seeing my finger.   "It's nothing," I said. He caught his finger in a door," Sapt explained. "Now remember, say nothing about this. All young men like to ride their horses now and then, so why not the King?" As the servant led our horses away, Sapt said quietly to me, "Freyler's a good servant, but sometimes it's best not to trust even the best of men." Sapt put the key in the secret door and we went back inside the palace, down the passage to the King's room. Back inside, Fritz, who had been asleep, jumped up when he heard us and cried, "My King, you're safe! I'm so pleased." He then bowed down in front of me.

سأل سابت "هل كل شيء على ما يرام، يا سيدي؟"فأجابه سابت قائلا  "نعم يا فريلر، كل شيء على ما يرام". فتساءل فريلر عند رؤية إصبعي قائلا "لكن الملك مصاب؟" فقلت له "انه شيء بسيط،". أوضح له سابت "لقد قفل الباب على إصبعه وتذكرألا تخبر أحدا عن هذا , فجميع الشبان ترغب في ركوب خيولهم بين الحين والآخر، فلماذا لا يفعل الملك ذلك ؟! " وبينما قاد فريلر الخيول بعيدا قال لي سابت بهدوء "فريلر خادم جيد، ولكن في بعض الأحيان من الأفضل عدم الثقة حتى في أفضل الرجال." وضع سابت المفتاح في الباب السري وعدنا لداخل القصر عبر الممر إلى غرفة الملك. وبالداخل قفز فريتز الذي كان نائما عندما سمعنا ،وصاح " سيدي أنت فى أمان , إنني سعيد جدا . " ثم انحنى أمامي.

"Even Fritz thinks you're the real King!" laughed Sapt. "I think we can do this."
"Oh! Rassendyll?" said Fritz in surprise. "But what's happened to your hand? Are you hurt?" "It's nothing serious. What's more important is what we have to tell you."
"What is it? Where's the real King?" he cried. "Be quiet, Fritz!" said Sapt. "Don't speak so loudly! People will hear us." Suddenly there was a knock at the door, so Sapt took me by the arm. "Quick! Go into the bedroom, take your hat and boots off and climb into bed. Cover yourself up so people think you're asleep." I did as I was told, but a minute later Sapt came into the bedroom and smiled. He introduced me to a polite young gentleman who came up to my bed and told me that he was a servant of Princess Flavia, who had sent him to find out how the King was feeling after the coronation.

ضحك سابت قائلا " حتى فريتز يعتقد أنك الملك الحقيقي!" "أعتقد أننا يمكن أن ننجح في هذا " فقال فريتز مندهشا "أوه ! يا راسندل؟" "لكن ماذا حدث ليدك ؟ هل أنت مصاب؟" فقلت له "إنه لا شيء خطير ولكن الأكثر أهمية هو ما يجب أن نقوله لك."
فصاح متسائلا "ما هو؟ أين الملك الحقيقي؟". فقال له سابت "إهدأ يا فريتز! لا تتحدث بصوت عال هكذا ! صوف يسمعنا الناس ". وفجأة كانت هناك طرقة على الباب ، ولذلك أخذني سابت من ذراعي "بسرعة! اذهب إلى غرفة النوم، واخلع نعليك وقبعتك وأصعد إلى الفراش وغطي نفسك جيدا حتى يظن الناس انك نائم" فعلت كما قيل لي، ولكن بعد دقيقة واحدة جاء سابت إلى غرفة النوم مبتسما. وقدمنى  لرجل شاب مهذب الذى إقترب من سريري وأخبرنى  أنه خادم الأميرة فلافيا التى أرسلته لمعرفة كيف كان شعور الملك بعد التتويج.

"Send her my thanks," I said, "and tell her that I've never felt better in my life."
"The King's had a good long sleep," said Sapt. The servant bowed and left, and I smiled at Sapt. But Fritz still looked very serious. "Tell me, is the King dead?" he asked quietly.
"We don't think so," I answered. "But Duke Michael's holding him prisoner."

فقلت له"أرسل لها إمتنانى , واخبرها أنني لم أكن أفضل مما أنا عليه الآن " وقال له سابت" إن الملك قد نال قسطا طيبا من النوم العميق الطويل  ليلة أمس".انحنى الخادم وانصرف، ابتسمت لسابت. ولكن فريتز كان مازال جادا جدا. وتساءل بهدوء"أخبرونى , هل مات الملك ؟".
فأجبته "نحن لا نعتقد ذلك،". "لكن الدوق مايكل يحتجزه كسجين."

The next day, it took Sapt three hours to tell me all about the King's duties. It seems that a king's life is quite hard, but a pretend king's life is even harder. At least Sapt stayed with me to tell me what I ought to do and what I ought not to do, and what I should say to the many important people I had to meet during the day. I was worried when I met the French ambassador and he asked me a question which I could not answer, but later Sapt told me that I should not worry, as the real King would not have been able to answer either. I also had to tell everyone that I could not write because of my finger, so many important documents were not completed.

وفي اليوم التالي، إستغرق من سابت ثلاث ساعات لكى يخبرني بكل شيء عن واجبات الملك. وبدا أن حياة الملوك صعبة جدا، ولكن التظاهر بحياة ملك هو أكثر صعوبة. وعلى الأقل بقى ثابت معى ليخبرنى ما يجب علي أن افعله وما لا يجب علي أن افعله. ، وما ينبغي علي أن أقوله للشخصيات الهامة التي أضطر لقابلتها أثناء اليوم. وكنت قلقا عندما التقيت بالسفير الفرنسي وسألني سؤال لم أستطع الإجابة عليه، ولكن فيما بعد أخبرنى سابت أنه لا داعي للقلق لأن الملك الحقيقي ليس لديه القدرة على الإجابة أيضا. وكان لزاما على أيضا أن اخبر الجميع أنني لا يمكنني الكتابة بسبب أصبعى , ولهذا لم تكتمل الكثير من المستندات المهمة

After many hours of meetings, I was finally alone with my friends once more. I asked a new servant, who had never met the real King, for a drink and then asked Sapt if I could rest at last. I was not used to such hard work. "Rest? No! We mustn't waste any time! Shouldn't we plan how to attack Michael?" asked Fritz. "Let's take things slowly," said Sapt. "So aren't we going to do anything?" said Fritz. "We aren't going to do anything dangerous," answered Sapt. "If people find out who I am," I said, "then I'll fight with the Duke. But at the moment, let's wait to see what the Duke does."

وبعد ساعات كثيرة من الاجتماعات، كنت في النهاية وحدي مع أصدقائي مرة أخرى. طلبت مشروبا من احد الخدم الجدد والذي لم يلتق الملك الحقيقي قط ، ثم سألت سابت إذا كان يمكننى أن أستريح . فانا لم اعتد على مثل هذا العمل الشاق. فتساءل فريتز "تستريح؟ لا! يجب علينا ألا نضيع أى وقت! ألا يجب أن نخطط لكيفية مهاجمة الدوق مايكل؟" قال سابت " دعنا نأخذ الأمور بتمهل ". فقال له فريتز" إذن ألن نفعل أي شيء؟" ورد سابت. "نحن لن تفعل أي شيء خطير" فقلت له " إذا إكتشف الناس من أنا , حينئذ سأقاتل مع الدوق ولكن حاليا، دعونا ننتظر لنرى ماذا سيفعل الدوق".

"He'll kill the King," said Fritz. "He won't," said Sapt. "If he kills the King, he knows that Rassendyll will stay as King instead. And he cannot accuse Rassendyll of anything because then people will know that he's kidnapped the King." "And we cannot accuse him in public without admitting that I'm not the real King," I explained. "So no one can do anything! It's a stalemate!" cried Fritz. "But wait. Half of Michael's Six Men are in Strelsau with the Duke." "Only half? Then that means the other half are guarding the King,"said Sapt.

قال فريتز " أنه سوف يقتل الملك " فقال له سابت" لن يفعل , لو قتل الملك فهو يعلم أن راسندل سوف يظل الملك بدلا منه وأنه لن يمكنه اتهام راسندل بأي شيء لأن الناس وقتها سوف تعلم انه قد خطف الملك فقلت موضحا "ونحن لا يمكننا أن نتهمه بأي شيء علنا دون الاعتراف بأنني لست الملك الحقيقي." فصاح فريتز قائلا "لذا لا أحد يستطيع أن يفعل أي شيء! إنه مأزق! ولكن إنتظروا , نصف رجال مايكل الستة في سترلسو مع الدوق ". فقال سابت " النصف فقط؟ إذن فهذا يعني أن النصف الأخر يحرس الملك"

"Yes, you're right," said Fritz. "So that means the King must be alive. If the King were dead, all the Six Men would be here with the Duke." "Excuse me, but who are the Six Men?" I asked. "Unfortunately I fear you'll soon be meeting them," said Fritz. "They're six special soldiers who Michael keeps in his house at all times. They're completely loyal to him. Three are from Ruritania, one is Belgian, one French, and one's from your country." "They'll do whatever Michael asks them to do," continued Sapt.
"Would they try to kill me?" I asked nervously. "Without a doubt. Which three are here in Strelsau, Fritz?" asked Sapt. 'The three foreigners: De Gautet, Bersonin and Detchard." "So they were not the men we saw at the hunting lodge?" I asked.
"I wish they were," said Sapt, "because then there'd only be four and not six of them."

قال فريتز "نعم، أنت على حق، إذن هذا يَعْني أن الملكَ لابد أَنْ يَكُونَ حيَّا. فلو كان الملكِ قد مات، لكان الرجال الستّة هنا مَع الدوقِ." وسألت "عفوا، مَنْ هم الرجال الستّة؟ " قال فريتز " لسوء الحظ أخشى أنّك سَتُقابلُهم قريباً ، وإستمرقائلا  " إنهم ستّة من الجنود الخاصة بالدوق مايكل الذى يبقيهم في منزله فى جميع الأوقات , وهم موالون له تماما. ثلاثة منهم مِنْ روريتانيا ، وواحد بلجيكي ، وواحد فرنسي وواحد مِن بلادك." وواصل سابت قائلا " إنهم يفعلون كل ما يطلبه منهم الدوق مايكل "
فتساءلت بعصبية "هَلْ سيحاولونَ قَتلي؟ " قال سابت "بدون شَكّ." وسأل سابت فريتز "من هم الثلاثة الموجودون الآن سترلسو؟يافريتز" فأجابه فريتز " الأجانب الثلاثة : وهم (دي جاتت) و(برسونن) و(ديتشارد)" فسألت "إذن إنهم ليسوا الرجال الذين رأيناهم في كوخ الصيد ؟"
قال سابت "ليتهم كانوا هم لأنه في هذه الحالة سيكون هناك أربعة منهم وليس ستة."

 I now decided that I should act – perhaps like all real kings do – by keeping some secrets even from the people I could trust the most. My plan was to make myself as popular as I could, and say nothing bad about Michael. In this way, I could hope to stop the poorer people of Strelsau from thinking badly about me. Then, if there were a fight, perhaps people would not want to follow Michael, although of course I hoped there would not be such a fight. Perhaps I could actually enjoy my game in Strelsau and something good would come from it. Michael would not grow stronger while the game lasted.

قررت حينئذ أننى يجب أن  أتصرف - ربما مثلما يفعل كل الملوك الحقيقيين – بالاحتفاظ ببعض الأسرار حتى عن الناس الذين أثق بهم كثيرا. وكانت خطتي أن اجعل لنفسي شعبية وقبولا قدر الإمكان، وألا أتحدث بسوء عن مايكل. وبهذه الطريقة، يمكن أن نأمل في منع الفقراء الموجودون بستريسلو من سوء الظن بي. ومن ثم، إذا كان هناك قتال، ربما لا يرغب هؤلاء الناس فى الانضمام لمايكل ، على الرغم بالطبع أنني  كنت آمل ألا يكون هناك مثل هذا القتال , وربما بدأت خقيقة أستمتع بمباراتى في سترلسو, وانه قد يأتي شيء جيدا منها. ومايكل لن يصبح أقوى إذا إستمريت في هذه المباراة

My plan began the next day, when I rode my horse through the park with Fritz and waved to everyone who bowed to me. The more my people saw of me, the more they would realise I cared about them and their lives. I was not going to be a distant king who people only heard about. And as I had done before the coronation, I wanted to be seen most in the old town, where most of the poor people lived.

وبدأت خطتي في اليوم التالي، عندما ركبت جوادي عبرالحديقة مع فريتز وأخذت ألوح لكل من ينحني لي -. فكلما رآي منى شعبي أكثر ، كلما أدركوا أنني أهتم بهم وبحياتهم. لم أكن أريد أن أكون ملكا بعيدا عن شعبه الذى يسمع الناس عنه فقط . وكما فعلت قبل التتويج، أردت أن يرانى الناس أكثر فى الجزء القديم من المدينة ، حيث يعيش معظم الفقراء.

Riding through some of the narrowest and oldest town streets, I stopped to buy flowers from a poor young girl with a gold coin. This attracted a lot of interest, and soon hundreds of people were following me on my way to the home of Princess Flavia. I knew the Princess was very popular and the people seemed very pleased that I had gone to see her. Moreover, if I had the support of the Princess, this could only help me. Fritz also thought this was a good idea and came with me on my visit to the Princess's palace.

راكبا جوادى عبر بعض أضيق وأقدم الشوارع ، توقفت لشراء زهورا من فتاة شابة فقيرة ودفعت إليها عملة ذهبية. وهذا جذب كثير من الإهتمام ,  وسرعان ما تتبعني المئات من الناس في طريقي إلى منزل الأميرة فلافيا . كنت أعرف أن الأميرة كانت محبوبة جدا وبدا الناس سعداء جدا أننى ذهبت لرؤيتها. وعلاوة على ذلك، فإنني إذا حصلت على دعم الأميرة لي فان ذلك سيساعدنى , واعتقد فريتز أيضا أنها كانت فكرة جيدة، وجاء معي في زيارتي لقصر الأميرة.

I was shown into a guest room full of enormous mirrors, paintings and beautiful furniture, and soon the Princess arrived with her servants. I knew that I had to be very careful when I talked to the Princess. I needed the Princess to trust me, but I did not want to say too much to her, or she would realise I was not the real King. And although I wanted to show her that I trusted her, she must not think she could say what she liked to me, because I was not the man she thought I was. "You have completely changed since you became King, sir," she said. "You need not call me 'sir'," I told her. "For after all, we are still cousins." She looked at me, then said, ''I'm proud to do so, Rudolf. But I think your face has changed."

وتم إقتيادى إلى غرفة ضيوف مليئة بالمرايا الضخمة واللوحات والأثاث الجميل، وسرعان ما وصلت الأميرة مع خدمها. كنت أعرف أنني يجب أن أكون حريصا جدا عندما أتحدث إلى الأميرة , كنت فى حاجة للأميرة أن تثق بى ، ولكن لم أكن أريد أن أقول لها أكثر من اللازم ، لأنها قد تدرك أنني لست الملك الحقيقي. وعلى الرغم من أنني أردت أن أظهر لها أنني أثق بها، إلا أنها لا يجب أن تعتقد أنها قادرة على أن تقول ما تحب لي، لأنني لم أكن الرجل الذى تطن أن أكونه قالت "لقد تغيرت تماما منذ أن أصبحت الملك، يا سيدي،". فقلت لها "لاداعى أن تقولي لي 'يا سيدي'،". "فعلى أية حال، فإننا لا نزال أولاد عم". فنظرت إلي ثم قالت:'' أنا فخورة أن أفعل هذا ، يارودولف. ولكن أعتقد أن وجهك قد تغير. "

I needed to talk about something else, so I said, "My brother's back in the city, I hear. He went away for a while, didn't he?" "Yes, I hear he's back in Strelsau."
"That's good. The nearer he is to me, the better." The Princess looked at me. "Do you want him to be near you so that you know what he's doing?"
"I'd like him to be near me because he's my half-brother. We're family!" I answered. "We need to help and support each other. Unfortunately, I've heard he can't stay in Strelsau for very long." She looked at me strangely when I said this, but at that moment there was a loud cheer from the streets outside. The Princess ran to the window, then she turned to me, looking anxious.

أردت أن أتكلم عن شئ آخر ، لذلك قلت ، "لقد عاد أخي إلى المدينة، سمعت , انه سافر لبعض الوقت، أليس كذلك؟" فقالت لي "نعم، سمعت أنه عاد إلى سترلسو ".
فقلت لها "هذا أمر جيد. فكلما كان قريبا مني كلما كان ذلك أفضل." فنظرت إلي وقالت. "هل تريد منه أن يكون قريبا منك حتى تعرف ما يفعله؟"
وأجبتها "أود منه أن يكون على مقربة مني لأنه أخي غير الشقيق. نحن عائلة !" وتابعت "نحن بحاجة إلى مساعدة ودعم بعضنا البعض، وللأسف، لقد سمعت أنه لا يستطيع البقاء في سترلسو لفترة طويلة." فنظرت إلى باستغراب عندما قلت ذلك، ولكن في تلك اللحظة كان هناك هتاف عال فى الشوارع بالخارج وجرت الأميرة إلى النافذة، ثم إستدارت لى وبدا عليها القلق.

"It's him!" she said. "It's the Duke of Strelsau! He's coming here now." I was surprised by this news and did not know what to say. For several minutes, Princess Flavia and I sat in silence. Her servants also stood silently, with their heads bowed. We could hear steps outside the door and I expected Michael to enter, but then the steps stopped, so we continued to talk again. I cannot remember what we talked about, but I found it very easy to talk to the Princess and time passed.

قالت "انه هو! إنه دوق ستريلسو , إنه قادم إلى هنا ألان". اندهشت لهذا الخبر، ولم أعرف ماذا أقول. ولعدة دقائق، جلست أنا و الأميرة فلافيا في صمت , ووقف أيضا خدمها في صمت، ورؤوسهم منحنية , وسمعنا وقع خطوات خارج الباب وتوقعت دخول مايكل ، ولكن حينئذ توقفت الخطوات، لذلك واصلتا الحديث مرة أخرى , لا أستطيع أن أتذكر ما كنا نتحدث عنه، ولكنني وجدت أنه من السهل جدا التحدث مع الأميرة ومر الوقت.

I thought it was strange that Michael had not come into the room, but we did not talk about him at all until the Princess suddenly jumped up and said, "You do know that Michael will be very angry. Is that a good idea?" "What do you mean? How am I making him angry?" I asked. "You haven't asked him to come in. He's been waiting outside the room for a long time." "But of course he can come in," I said, realising I had made a serious mistake. "How funny you are," she said. "You know that no one can enter without your permission." "Of course," I said. ''I'd forgotten!" But the Princess looked at me in a way that made me think she realised something was wrong.

اعتقدت أنه من الغريب أن مايكل لم يدخل الغرفة، ولكننا لم نتحدث عنه على الإطلاق حتى قفزت الأميرة فجأة وقالت: "أنت تعرف جيدا أن مايكل سيكون غاضبا جدا , هل هذه فكرة جيدة ؟! "فسألتها "ماذا تقصدين؟ كيف لي أن اجعله غاضبا؟" فقالت لي. "أنت لم تطلب منه الدخول وهو ينتظر خارج الحجرة منذ فترة طويلة." فقلت لها "لكن بالطبع يمكنه الدخول ،" مدركا أنني قد ارتكبت خطأ خطيرا , فقالت لي "كم أنت غريبا , أنت تعرف أنه لا يمكن لأحد أن يدخل الغرفة دون إذنك." فقلت لها "بالطبع،  لقد نسيت ! " لكن الأميرة نظرت إلي بطريقة جعلتني أعتقد أنها أدركت شيئا خاطئا.

"I was never very good at remembering all the rules," I continued, wishing that Fritz had told me about this, "but I'll go and get him myself at once." I opened the door and went out of the guest room to greet Michael. He was sitting at a table looking very angry. All his men were standing next to him. I held out my hand and Michael stood up slowly and took it, then I showed him into the Princess's guest room.
"Brother," I said, "I'm so sorry. I didn't know you were waiting, otherwise I'd have asked you in sooner." He thanked me, but coldly. Michael did not seem to be good at hiding his feelings, and I could see that he was angry with me. I could also see he was trying to pretend that he thought I was the real King.

"أنا لم أكن أبدا جيدا في تذكر جميع القواعد " واصلت متمنيا لو أن فريتز قد اخبرني بذلك " ولكني سأذهب واحضره بنفسي فى الحال ." فتحت الباب وخرجت من غرفة الضيوف لتحية مايكل. كان جالسا على مائدة ويبدو غاضبا جدا . كان كل رجاله يقفون بجانبه. مددت يدي ووقف مايكل ببطء وصافحني، ثم رافقته إلى غرفة ضيوف الأميرة. " أخى " قلت " أنا آسف جدا لم أكن اعلم انك تنتظر وإلا كنت قد طلبت منك الدخول في الحال." شكرنى ولكن ببرود. لم يبدو على مايكل أنه جيد في إخفاء مشاعره، واستطعت أن أرى أنه كان غاضبا منى. ورأيت أيضا أنه كان يحاول التظاهر بأنه يعتقد أنني الملك الحقيقي.

We sat down with the Princess. "You've hurt your hand," he said. "Yes, an animal bit me," I explained. "It'll be fine." "Is there any danger from the bite?" Flavia asked. "Not from this," I said looking at Michael, "but if I gave him the chance to bite again, it would be different." "Did you kill the animal?" Flavia asked. "No," I said. "We're waiting to see if his bite's poisonous." "And if it is?" said Michael, smiling coldly, clearly understanding who I was really talking about.

جلسنا مع الأميرة. وقال"لقد جرحت يدك،" "نعم، لقد عضني حيوان " أوضحت  " و سوف يتحسن." "هل هناك خطورة من العضة؟" سألتني فلافيا " ليس من هذه " قلت وأنا انظر إلى مايكل. " ولكن إذا أعطيته فرصة ليعضني مرة أخرى، فإن الأمر سيكون مختلف". لي"هل قتلت الحيوان؟" سألت فلافيا فقلت لها "لا , نحن ننتظر لنرى إذا كانت عضته سامة"." وإذا كانت ؟ " قال مايكل مبتسما ببرود ويفهم بوضوح من أتحدث عنه حقيقة "

"He'll be knocked on the head," I said. "But he might bite again," said Michael. "I'm sure he'll try," I replied, smiling. Then, worried that Michael would say something I did not want to hear, I decided to change the subject. I told him how fine his soldiers were and thanked him for the splendid coronation. I thanked him for the great time I had had at the hunting lodge in the forest. When he heard this, he jumped to his feet and angrily walked towards the door. Then he stopped and said, "Three of my friends would very much like to meet you, sir. They're waiting outside." So I walked up to Michael and took his arm and we entered the outside room like best friends. Michael asked the three men to come forward.

فقلت له "سوف يضرب على رأسه ،" فقال لي "لكنه قد يعض مرة أخرى،" فأجبته مبتسما "أنا متأكد من أنه سوف يحاول،". ثم، قاقا من أن يقول مايكل شيئا لا أود أن اسمعه قررت أن أغير الموضوع . فقلت له كم كان جنوده رائعين وشكرته على حفلة التتويج الرائعة . كما شكرته على الوقت البديع الذي قضيته في كوخ الصيد بالغابة. وعندما سمع ذلك إنتفض واقفا ، وسار نحو الباب غاضبا. ثم توقف وقال: "ثلاثة من أصدقائي يودون أن يلتقوا بكم، يا سيدي. إنهم ينتظرون بالخارج". ةلهذا إتجهت إليه وأخذت بذراعه ودخلنا الغرفة الخارجية كأصدقاء أعزاء. وطلب مايكل من الرجال الثلاثة أن يتقدموا .

"These gentleman are the most loyal and honest of the King's servants, and are my great friends." "I'm very pleased to meet them," I said. They bowed before me one at a time: first De Gautet, a tall, thin French man with straight hair; then Bersoni, the Belgian, who was large and about thirty years old; and finally Detchard, the Englishman, who had a thin face, strong shoulders and very short hair. He looked like a good fighter and a bad character. I spoke to him in English with a pretend foreign accent, and I am sure I saw him smile when I spoke. So, Detchard knows my secret, I thought. And if he knew, surely all the Six Men knew as well. How dangerous were these special soldiers? And how safe was I, even in the palace of Strelsau?
فقال لي مايكل"هؤلاء الرجال هم الأكثر ولاء وأمانة فى خدمة الملك، وهم أيضا أصدقائي الأعزاء " قلت "يسعدنى جدا لقائهم". انحنوا أمامي في وقت واحد :وكان أولهم دي جاتيت , رجل فرنسي رفيع وطويل القامة ذو شعر منسق , ثم برسوني , البلجيكي الذى كان ضخما وفى حوالى الثلاثين من عمره , وأخيرا ديتشارد ، الانجليزي، الذي له وجه نحيف ، قوي الكتفين وشعره قصير جدا. وبدا مثل مقاتل جيد وذو طبيعة سيئة. تحدثت إليه باللغة الإنجليزية ولكن بلكنة أجنبية مصطنعة , كنت واثقا من أنني رأيته يبتسم عندما كنت أتحدث . وإعتقدت , إذن ديتشارد يعرف سرى ، وإذا كان يعرف ، فبالتأكيد كل الرجال الستة يعرفون أيضا. كم هم خطرين هؤلاء الجند الخاصة؟ وما مدى سلامتي ، حتى وأنا في قصر سترلسو؟

16 التعليقات: